Now that life has settled down after Comic Con, it's time to get back to the weight-loss program.
Below is a simple diet plan I have devised, and have found to be successful. Last year I was able to lose 28 pounds over a period of 14 weeks following this program.
- Excercise — at least an hour a day / 6 days a week of moderate aerobic activity. Increase frequency and/or intensity to boost results. Add weight training when and if you have time. Leave one day a week for complete rest.
- Eat light / eat healthy — natural foods as much as possible.
If you feel hungry, remember there are millions of people around the world who are hungry every day, and have no choice — and most of those are children. Exercise patience and humility, and take time to pray for those in need.
- Take your vitamins — a multivitamin helps to supplement nutrients that might be lacking in your diet, and in doing so, can eliminate cravings. Extra vitamin C gives the body what it needs to repair soft tissue. B-complex gives you energy. Extra calcium is beneficial for women over 40.
- Drink plenty of water — staying well-hydrated is important for many reasons. It acts as an appetite suppressant, and keeps you from mistaking thirst for hunger. It helps reduce headaches and fatigue, regulates temperature, and helps the body eliminate waste and toxins.
- Get plenty of rest — adequate rest is essential to maintaining a vigorous exercise program, giving the body time to recover and repair tissue.
Expect to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
Disclaimer: In our legalistic day and age, I am complelled to state that the above is not intended to be taken as a recommendation or advice of any kind. I am merely sharing the program that I am following. You are responsible for your own health. If you have any question about what's right for you, please consult your medical professional.