Four simple things you can do every day to live a healthier, happier, and longer life... AND how to use gaming to solve difficult real-world problems!
In this video, Jane McGonigal, a game designer, talks about these four areas of resilience:
- Physical Resilience — do something active; try not to sit still for more than an hour at a time
- Mental Resilience — tackle small challenges every day
- Emotional Resilience — do things that make you happy; aim for a 3-to-1 positive emotion ratio
- Social Resilience — reach out to at least one person you care about every day
She also talks about SuperBetter, the game she developed to help her recover from a serious head injury. The strategy is simple:
- Develop a secret identity
- Recruit your allies
- Identify and battle the bad guys
- Activate the power-ups
I think this strategy could be applied to almost any goal that you want to achieve. What mission do you want to tackle? On what quest would you like to embark?
Watch the video for details, it's totally worth it!