With the OCCC concert now behind me, I finally resumed work on the Psalm 13 chorale (/"motet"). Omigsoh, I can't believe it's already May! Didn't I finish writing this in December? Yikes! Anyway, I had given it to Brian Dehn, the director of OCCC, who returned it with some really positive comments and helpful suggestions. I took his advice, which involved reworking two sections in particular. I got kinda stuck or oversaturated at some point, and needed to get some distance from the piece. The problem with this, of course, is that it's been sitting in a drawer for a couple months now. But tonight I dusted it off and finished making the changes... all I have to do now is go back over and fine-tune the dynamics in the places where I was working.
I think one of the things that inspired me to get back into the groove was the concert last night. Kevin Weed, the accompanist for OCCC, had written an orchestral piece for our concert, which he conducted. (The piece is entitled "Old World Overture"; you can hear a MIDI version of it on YouTube. Watching him direct that piece, I couldn't help thinking I would give anything to be doing what he was doing at that moment.
In any case, now that the changes are done, I'm thinking of recruiting a certain soprano to help lay down the initial tracks. Then we'll get the others in there, and, God willing, eventually post the piece to my site!